Back To: Listings > ABA Job Announcements
State - Unified
San Francisco (HQ)
For a more detailed version of this announcement,
Read all announcements
Request an announcement
Sign up for announcement notices
Browse the ABA Job Board
The State Bar of California, the largest and most complex state bar in the United States, is seeking a dynamic, energetic and highly accomplished leader to become its next CEO/Executive Director.
The State Bar serves as both the state regulatory agency for lawyers (public protection) and the statewide professional association for its members. All practicing lawyers in California must be active members. The bar is headquartered in San Francisco with a satellite office in Los Angeles.
The CEO/Executive Director is hired on contract by and is directly accountable to the Board of Trustees. The CEO/Executive Director manages the State Bar in accordance with statutory requirements, Board policy and direction, and generally accepted business and professional practices.
This position is based in San Francisco and spends considerable time in the Los Angeles office.
Education & Experience
· Comparable executive management and leadership experience with a public corporation, large government regulatory agency or department, judicial enterprise, local government, or complex professional association
· 10 years of senior-level management responsibility, including experience leading change initiatives and building “best in class” organizations
· Experience integrating business and technology best practices to ensure innovation and operational excellence
Skills & Abilities
· Outstanding management and leadership skills
· Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills
Salary & Benefits
The State Bar of California is prepared to offer the selected candidate a contract that includes a salary and benefits package competitive with similar organizations.
Submit a letter of interest and resume, electronically, to:
The Hawkins Company
8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd., 110-216
Los Angeles, CA 90045
Materials received by May 1, 2015 will receive first consideration. Initial Search Committee interviews are scheduled to take place on May 29-30, with full board interviews of final candidates in mid-June.
This position is open until filled.
For a full brochure visit www.thehawkinscompany.com.
This message was sent to ameera@TARRANTBAR.ORG.
Your e-mail address will only be used within the ABA. We do not sell or rent e-mail addresses.
Posted By: email@example.com
Listing #: 806